Things that poison your baby

What child doesn’t put everything into its mouth? This is because tactile function for the infant is mostly in the lips and tongue until the development matures. But putting non-food items in their mouths is a behavior that occasionally leads to the accidental swallowing of some foreign objects like metallic toys, low-cost jewelry, coins and other treasures. Even just gumming these items in their mouths can bring toxic levels of lead and cadmium and other metals into their bodies. A recent study examined toxic metals in 72 random metal toys and child jewelry items. Cadmium and lead weren’t the only toxic metals that came loose with some spit-juice digestive fluid. Copper, nickel, arsenic and antimony were also found in some samples. Exposure to these metals can bring abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and can have irreversible effects on a child’s neurodevelopment and intellectual development.

They are going to touch and taste the whole world!

They are going to touch and taste the whole world!

About Craig Stellpflug NDC

Craig Stellpflug is a NeuroDevelopment Consultant and a Certified Nutritional Consultant. Craig is a cancer nutritionist and child brain disorder specialist at Healing Pathways Medical Clinic in Scottsdale Arizona.
This entry was posted in Health News, Lifestyle and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply