Organic wordplay

Don’t be fooled by the food label word organic. There are three different categories for a food label to state the term “organic” according to the USDA. There are 100% organic foods that have no non-organic ingredients at all. These can be labeled as “100% organic”. Now it gets trickier: Foods that are simply labeled “organic” must contain 95% organic ingredients with the other 5% percent not containing growth hormones. Then there is the deceptive “made with organic ingredients” label. These foods have at least 70% organic ingredients but can contain up to 30% non-organic ingredients. Obviously, if you are concerned about going organic, you need to know this. You’ve got to watch their every move peeps.

The deception goes on as long as you remain ignorant.

The deception goes on as long as you remain ignorant.

About Craig Stellpflug NDC

Craig Stellpflug is a NeuroDevelopment Consultant and a Certified Nutritional Consultant. Craig is a cancer nutritionist and child brain disorder specialist at Healing Pathways Medical Clinic in Scottsdale Arizona.
This entry was posted in Food and Nutrition, Health News and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply